As I mentioned in my earlier post, my grandmother sadly passed away last week after a long wonderful life. We had a lot of family time together to reflect on her values, accomplishments, and memories. It got me reflecting on how I want to live my life and and what I want to be known for among my family and friends. I am a true believer that everyone has room for improvement and I want to make some resolutions for this summer:
- Reduce Screen Time – I know this is contradictive since I am typing this on a screen but I would really like to limit daily screen time. I spend most of my working days on a computer and it is too easy to come home and view more screen time. I really want to make a point of putting my computer/phone/social media/television away so that I can spend more time with family and appreciate the moments.
- Document moments – I love to capture moments that evoke emotion or highlight important events. I have always loved photography and journaling as a source of expression since I was young. One of my favourite things to do is flip through old photo albums or journals to see how our lives have changed. I really want to make a point of continuing this blog to document our journey and important life moments. I also want to organize more of our personal files so that they are more curated and easily accessible for those reminiscing moments!
- More Positivity – I really admire people who have a very positive outlook on life and always strive to see the best in a situation/person. I want to make a point of trying to be more positive throughout my life and to embrace situations that I find challenging. I also want to be more positive about my own accomplishments and self-image! I think this goal will be particularly challenging but likely the most rewarding!
I also wanted to take a moment to reflect on the things that make me happiest. It is way to easy to be unsatisfied with life through constant comparisons online. I think it is important to remind yourself every so often what brings you the greatest happiness in life. Here are some things that bring me happiness:
- Spending Time with Family – I smile so much when I am hanging out with my family and puppy!
- Photography/Blogging – I love spending trying to improve my skills and thinking of new creative ideas!
- Feeling Organized – there is nothing better than an organized house and life on Sunday evenings!
- Working Out – although it takes some push to get to the gym, I always feel amazing afterwards!
- Planning Vacations/Adventures – I LOVE planning adventures and itineraries! I like researching the locations and anticipating the fun!
What makes you happy?